We are local pediatricians who have been practicing in this community for years. The best part of our job is watching children in our care grow and thrive. Families trust us to be part of their children’s lives, and for this we are grateful.
We founded Coast Pediatrics Del Mar in 2012 in response to increasing demand from parents for an alternative to the status quo. We share your frustration with long wait times and visits with multiple different providers who may not know your child well. At Coast Pediatrics, we offer a different solution. Our unique practice style focuses on continuity. We’d like you to see your child’s personal physician as often as possible. Because each of our offices is small, with only three doctors, we can truly get to know your child well. Our modest annual administrative fee allows us to remain a small practice with a small patient load, and to provide you with personal pediatric care and same-day access. This administrative fee is for non-medical services, and is not eligible for reimbursement from medical insurance or health savings plans. You will continue to use your health insurance to pay for medical services in the same way that you would in a traditional pediatric practice.
The community response to Coast Pediatrics has been overwhelming. Within two years of our 2012 opening we were forced to close the practice to new patients so that we could continue to serve our existing patients well. In response to ongoing demand for our brand of personal pediatric care, in 2015 we opened our second location, Coast Pediatrics Carmel Valley, and in 2023 our third location in 4S Ranch. Our wonderful pediatricians at our newer locations are now caring for local children in the same personal Coast Pediatrics style.
Here are some benefits of joining our practice:
– Our commitment to remaining a small practice. Our offices are generous spaces, but without room to grow, so we’ll never get too big. We will close our practices to new families before we become difficult to access.
– Our online patient portal (MyCoast). Here you can log-in to request appointments or medication refills, view your child’s medical record, fill out office forms ahead of your visit, and receive paperless communication from us.
– Our state of the art pediatric-specific electronic health record that securely communicates with local pharmacies and labs. Prescriptions are transferred to pharmacies electronically, minimizing medication errors and shortening wait times. Results from local labs immediately become part of your child’s health record.
– Our own full-service website with American Academy of Pediatrics approved medical information, pediatric dosages for OTC medications, information on local medical services, and more.
– No fees for school and camp forms, triplicate prescriptions, or after hours phone calls.
– Our own after-hours on-call system of on-line triage information, on call nurses and our own doctors.
We became pediatricians because we love to watch kids grow up and want to be a part of it. Larger practices with shorter appointment times do not allow us to do what we enjoy best, which is getting to know your family and taking the best personal care of your children. We hope that you will find value in our small practice and join our Coast Pediatrics family!
Coast Pediatrics founders
Doctors Shakha Gillin, Lori Taylor and Rob Warner