- This event has passed.
Free Teen Heart Screenings – Prevent Sudden Cardiac Death
April 9, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFREE
Eric Paredes was a healthy Steele Canyon High School sophomore athlete who died suddenly and unexpectedly from Sudden Cardiac Arrest/Death (SCA/D) in 2009. His parents, Hector and Rhina Paredes, established EP Save A Life Foundation to honor him through their commitment to prevent this tragedy from happening to other families. The EP Save A Life Foundation is committed to preventing SCA in young people through awareness, education and action.
EPSALF offers free cardiac screenings to any teen, ages 12–25. They’ve screened thousands and have identified hundreds with undetected heart abnormalities.
- All screening events are open to the public—your youth does not have to attend the school to get screened.
- Screenings happen from 9 am to 3 pm, but screenings typically take less than an hour to complete.
- If youth bring a fully signed/completed screening packet, parents do not need to be present at the event.
- Screenings include a health history review, an EKG, consultation with a cardiologist, and if indicated, a limited echocardiogram.
- The entire process is painless and non-invasive—no needles or x-ray exposure.
- Female technicians screen girls in a separate area from boys. There are also private screening areas as needed.
- You are notified of the results within a few weeks for follow-up with your own family doctor as your insurance dictates.
- If results are normal, please add the EKG to your youth’s medical chart to use as a baseline.
- If results are abnormal, please contact your doctor’s office and let us know if you’d like us to reach out to your doctor for consult.
- If you do not have access to medical care, please check our Find A Doctor page, or contact us for assistance.
Please see the website below to register for this complimentary event.