- This event has passed.
Free week-long SCAMP Camp for Children 8-13 with asthma!
June 22, 2014 - June 27, 2014Free
The American Lung Association in California Southern California Asthma Management Program (SCAMP) Camp is a weeklong overnight summer camp for kids between the ages of 8-13 living with asthma. Most summer camps cannot accept children with asthma due to the severity of their condition, which is why SCAMP Camp is so important. SCAMP Camp provides children with moderate to severe asthma the unique opportunity to attend summer camp and learn how to better self-manage their asthma.
The American Lung Association in California sends up to 200 kids throughout Southern California to SCAMP Camp each year, where they learn how to better manage their asthma while enjoying traditional camp activities like hiking, swimming, arts and crafts, archery and wall climbing.
Physicians, registered nurses, respiratory therapists, and other health professionals provide 24-hour medical care throughout the week-long camp.
2014 Camp Dates
Sunday, June 22 – Friday, June 27, 2014
Camp Location and Transportation
SCAMP Camp is located in Julian, California (San Diego County)
Transportation to and from camp is provided from:
- Anaheim – for Los Angeles and Orange Counties
- San Bernardino – for Riverside and San Bernardino Counties
- San Diego – for San Diego and Imperial Counties
Departure and return times vary by location.
1. Children must be 8-13 years old at the time of camp and told they have asthma by a doctor.
2. Must complete and submit an application by Friday, May 9, 2014.
3. A $35 application fee is required with the application. The fee will be refunded if a camper is not accepted.
Due to limited space, not every application received will be accepted, decisions are based on medical conditions and other factors. Also, applicants who have never attended camp before, or have not attended within the past 2 years, are given priority.
Thanks to the generosity of supporters, there is no charge for children to attend SCAMP Camp.